We’re Hiring: Product Designers
We’re looking for product designers that can take projects from sketchbook to marketplace. An ideal candidate sweats the details in research and design and can demonstrate a high variability of artistic style.
We believe effective design empowers people to become better artists and entrepreneurs. We’re a small team dedicated to reshaping publishing, self-expression and entrepreneurship on the web. We’re doing this by refining and perfecting themes for Wordpress, Shopify, Tumblr and Ghost. Since 2009, millions of people, numbered among them MoMA, The White House and Frank Chimero have used our products—a fact we take seriously.
- You love what you do and you’re excited to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest technology.
- You’re a quick learner who isn’t afraid of the unknown. We’ll often need you to do deep dives into various platforms and CMSes. This requires a willingness to get out there and learn.
- You need to love seeing the whole process from ideation to release. You enjoy the process of refinement at each and every stage and can keep a team on track.
- You love constructive criticism. Critique (written and verbal) is an important part of our process. You approach design in a way that is iterative and flexible.
- You’re a strong written communicator.
- You have experience designing for a range of devices. Responsive design is second nature to you.
- You have a range of experience outside of design. You can bring perspective to your work through an understanding of how real people use technology.
- Exciting work. From The White House to MoMa, millions of people use our themes each and everyday. You’ll be working on products that people know and love.
- Remote work. We don’t care where you are, so long as you are a good communicator and can get things done.
- Flexible work. We build for a wide variety of platforms and customers. There’s always opportunity to build something new.
- Flexible work hours. We all meet at the office between 2pm and 4pm P.S.T. but otherwise, you set your own work hours. It’s all about maintaining quality and knocking off deadlines.
- Unlimited vacation time. Let’s be honest: two weeks a year is bullshit. We want you to be doing the best work of your life. That means managing burn out and taking time to develop yourself culturally.
Applications should be sent to Liam Sarsfield, Head of Digital Goods (email@example.com). Send over a jargon-free introduction and work samples. We’ll take the conversation from there.
- bolatov likes this
- scandalpants likes this
- whiteminimalistic likes this
- vivieleo likes this
- much-jah-chong likes this
- angelcolberg likes this
- enigray likes this
- mumeditation likes this
- inflictednarrative likes this
- chaoeva likes this
- chenlinlong likes this
- nathan8911 likes this
- bigelephantla likes this
- ahizu likes this
- anavictoriawong likes this
- timwilkinson likes this
- badromance likes this
- tjimenezdesign likes this
- kyrare likes this
- r-elax-ation likes this
- jheschtdesigns likes this
- bamcmxci likes this
- pixelunion-staff posted this