Blogs We Like: Nokkasili Illustration
One of the more interesting relationships in Tumblr’s art communities is the overlap between design and illustration. While graphic design obviously incorporates drawing, we rarely see professional or budding designers dedicate much time to traditional ink-on-paper composition. “Nokkasili” (who happily remains anonymous) is a Finnish design student whose Tumblog gloriously balances both worlds.
Her illustration is subtle and traditional, yet warmly immersive. Blending watercolor, cut paper, and ink drawing, Nokkasili’s work teems with a unique stillness and perspectival clarity, traits that belie her formal training in design. Surreally-pigmented cities, inviting, sometimes fragile figures and beautiful, line-dense structures all entwine and intersect, and we think it’s fantastic.
- carlofranco likes this
- ilovethismore reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- kaya-design likes this
- erisunleashed likes this
- creation-site-internet-paris reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- rymkm reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- lavinia527 likes this
- 808dick likes this
- hollis14says likes this
- factshionate reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- lostboyfound likes this
- formerhuntress likes this
- pixelunion-staff posted this