Fluid Neue is Here!
Today we’re incredibly proud to release Fluid Neue, the vastly upgraded but still-familiar (and still free, of course) successor to our original Fluid theme. And we meant it when we said we’re bringing pie and cake: absolutely nothing is being scrapped, and a whole lot’s being added. What’s new in Neue? Let’s take a look.
- Gorgeous Animated Share Widget.
- Flexible Sidebar Feeds—including Flickr, Instagram, Twitter, Likes, and blogs you’re following.
- Expanded Social Media Support—for just about everything else.
- Localization—for easy translation into non-English languages.
- Improved Custom Photosets—Fluid Neue features two distinct display options for photosets: the original, tiled layout, and a tidier, click-to-expand stacked option.
- Rebuilt Disqus Commenting.
- Pagination—Fluid Neue’s pagination is pretty fluid; with the click of a button the next set of posts will load right under the previous posts.
- Redesigned Audio Posts—featuring additional track, artist, and album information, as well as artwork.
- Google Analytics.
And those are just the most notable additions—don’t even get us started on the improved shadows and fussed-over framing. But before you run off to swim in Fluid Neue, let’s address some FAQs:
I’m currently running Fluid: why hasn’t my blog updated?
- If you’re a current Fluid user, your code will be upgraded to Fluid Neue without resetting anything or overriding your basic customizations. If you have, however, changed the html of the code itself, your theme will not be upgraded. If this is the case, you can still upgrade to Fluid Neue here.
For whatever reason, I’d rather have the old version. What do I do?
- Look, we’ll be honest: you’re weird. But we love you anyway. If you’d rather have the elder statesman, Fluid Classic can be installed here.
For three years now, Fluid has been our way of thanking you for your support and interest in our work, and we genuinely care that it’s providing something needed and worthwhile. We take our mission of creating “digital goods for the greater good” seriously, and Fluid Neue is our newest way of proving it.
To read about the latest Fluid release, Fluid 1.1, click here.
- dimples-and-4-nipples likes this
- qubeep likes this
- fastcash4loans likes this
- raychellemay likes this
- thisisarandomblogblogblog likes this
- loud-in-a-silence likes this
- just-a-melody likes this
- garygilmorefanclub likes this
- dev-antiqua reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- lamiasolange reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- blessedhero likes this
- hannahroshan likes this
- k981228 reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- sweetleno likes this
- fishy813 reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- maiiee reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- helloiamapsycho likes this
- asianval likes this
- brookiebee96 likes this
- hetalia-tendencies likes this
- poeticalcreation likes this
- poeticalcreation reblogged this from pixelunion-staff and added:
- fictional-me likes this
- jam-and-zayn likes this
- palabras-en-su-tinta likes this
- iam-still-around likes this
- dancingdauntless reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- acidtronicburn likes this
- astrlmynd reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- abrahamvillanueva reblogged this from pixelunion-staff and added:
- abrahamvillanueva likes this
- ratonaa likes this
- joziness likes this
- mystic-kid-wolf likes this
- seanmadog likes this
- demonicvampiregirl reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- demonicvampiregirl likes this
- sen-timentalizar likes this
- littlehellgirl likes this
- hayat-jm likes this
- hermeneutica likes this
- hermeneutica reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- photosbyjames likes this
- garygilmorefanclub reblogged this from workspaceship
- districtana likes this
- loooshya likes this
- larockeo reblogged this from pixelunion-staff
- leonum-konum likes this
- rainboelephant likes this